2013 Annual Meeting Media Registration and Guidelines
The North American Spine Society (NASS) is pleased to welcome journalists to its 28th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, October 9-12, 2013, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. This meeting is a unique opportunity for you to explore the latest in spine education, research and innovation.
Each year, NASS brings together leading spine authorities representing a multidisciplinary community of specialists, including: orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, radiologists, physiatrists, pain management, anesthesiologists, psychologists, chiropractors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, physical therapists, researchers, administrators, and all other health care professionals invested in the advancement of spine care.
The following media guidelines are designed to help make your experience at NASS’ 28th Annual Meeting as enjoyable and productive as possible.
Advanced media registration for NASS’ 28th Annual Meeting is currently open and ends October 2, 2013. (See below for registration criteria and guidelines.) Onsite registrations are permitted, but are discouraged. Media who have pre-registered may pick up their press credentials at the onsite NASS Annual Meeting registration area.
The onsite Press Room will include a media-only work area with free online access, charging stations and printer access. There is free Wi-Fi in the main areas of the convention center. Snacks, coffee and a light lunch for credentialed journalists will be served in this room. Hours are to be determined, but are expected to be:
Wednesday, October 9 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 10 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, October 11 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 12 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Only conference staff, credentialed media and presenter interviewees will be allowed in the press room. Members of the media, advertising staff and exhibitors cannot host meetings in the press room.
Criteria for receiving media credentials
Complimentary registration for NASS’ 28th Annual Meeting and access to the press room are reserved for working members of the media, including print, broadcast and online media. Credentialed members of the media may register to attend the conference and are required to provide NASS staff with a copy of their press credentials and letters of assignment.
Qualified media outlets must be represented by editorial staff, not advertising or marketing staff. NASS is unable to issue press badges to:
- publishers, or a publication’s advertising, marketing, public relations or sales representatives;
- public relations staff of exhibitors or academic institutions;
- writers creating analyses or reports sold as a commodity to customers;
- family members of credentialed press; or
- press not reporting on the meeting.
Press badges are available only to working press who can show evidence that their attendance may result in coverage of the NASS Annual Meeting in print, broadcast or recognized Internet media. Two media credentials per media outlet are available to journalists who provide appropriate documentation, either in advance or on site.
- Media must agree that information gathered at the Annual Meeting & Exhibition will not be used in the development of any continuing medical education materials or programs.
- No photography or filming is allowed during any of the program sessions, including general sessions, symposia, oral presentations or workshops. If you require photos of speakers or events, please contact Nicolle Heller.
- No filming is permitted on the Technical Exhibition floor, unless arranged with NASS in advance.
- Media may not distribute promotional materials of any kind unless they have a booth on the Technical Exhibition floor, and distribution may only occur within the exhibit booth.
- Media will not be granted continuing education credit for educational sessions they attend.
NASS reserves the right to refuse media credentials
to any individual at its discretion.
Members of the media covering NASS 2013 Annual Meeting are required to sign a copy of these guidelines. Please complete and sign the form on pg.3 and fax it to Nicolle Heller at (630) 230-3750.